An Introduction to Flower Essences: One of the Most Powerful Emotional Healing Tools on the Planet (Part 1)
What are flower essences?
Flower essences are liquid, bio-energetic remedies derived from living flowers. Flower essences are made by encoding the energetic imprint of a flower or plant in water. Flower essences are encoded with the universal healing intelligence of the plant spirits themselves, which helps humans to heal emotional and energetic blockages in the seven major chakras or “energy centers” of the body.
Flower essences are an ancient healing modality that was commonly used in advanced societies such as Lemuria and Atlantis. They have also been used for centuries in many indigenous cultures for healing, ritualistic ceremony and spiritual development. More recently, Flower Essence Therapy was re-introduced into modern Western culture in the early 1900s by a British physician, bacteriologist and homeopath named Dr. Edward Bach. You may be familiar with the “Bach Remedies” or perhaps have taken “Rescue Remedy” for stress without realizing that these were flower essences! There are some beautiful modern apothecaries and companies that have built upon Bach’s legacy, by making high vibration flower essence lines, working in alignment with Mother Earth and the elementals. Some of these companies are also deeply commited to flower essence research and efficacy. Usually flower essences are made in ritual or shamanic ceremony, with working directly with the "essence" or soul of the plant.
Flower Essences are a completely safe and sustainable form of natural plant medicine. There are generally no contraindications in taking them. They can be used alongside any other medications, herbs or supplements you are taking. They are gentle enough to be used with babies, children, pregnant and nursing women, the elderly and aging, as well as those who are chronically ill. You can even use flower essences to support your pets, house plants and your garden! Basically, any living thing can benefit from flower essences. Flower essences come in small dropper bottles, often as a single essence or as a combination formula that you take under the tongue, similar to herbal tinctures. They can also be applied directly to the skin, used in a spray or added to bath water.
Each Flower Essence offers the wisdom of what a particular flower has learned in its evolutionary journey here on earth, which has become encoded in the plants' DNA over lifetimes. Remember, flowers and plants are living beings that have been on the Earth long before humans evolved. Thus, there is a flower or plant that has successfully tackled just about every problem that people confront during our lifetimes. Just as every human or animal has a unique soul or “divine essence,” every flower, plant and tree also has a unique “divine essence.” When you take a flower essence, you are connecting directly with the intelligence of that flower. Making flower essences a beautiful way to receive the abundant wisdom and divine feminine healing energy of Mother Earth (Gaia).
Flower essences are most commonly made from flowers, however they are also made non-flowering plants, as well as trees, crystals and other elementals. Each type, category or classification of plant has its specialty for what it helps us to heal. As a brief overview, trees are generally very grounding and help with root chakra issues such as feeling safe, belonging in groups and releasing fear. Crystal gem essences are generally used for helping to heal physical issues in the body and often correlate with specific organs. Flower essences are one of the most powerful tools on the planet for healing emotional issues. For example, roses are aligned with healing, soothing and opening the heart, daises are aligned with empowering the solar plexus chakra and bolstering our self-confidence, and lilies are often used for healing betrayal and abuse from the sacral chakra (which I write about in part two of this series).
To clear up a common misunderstanding, flower essences are NOT essential oils. Essential oils are made from processing the physical plant matter themselves, while flower essences are made using the energetic imprint of the flower in water. Although you can combine essential oils and flower essences in a room spray or a bath, it is not advised to store flower essences next to essential oils, as flower essences can become tainted by the essential oil.
Flower Essence Alchemy: The Therapeutic Approach to Working with Flower Essences
When you begin to work with a trained and certified practitioner, with the intention to use flower essences to heal, that is called flower essence therapy or alchemy. Flower Essence Alchemy sessions support your holistic healing on all four levels of your being: emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. As soon as you begin taking flower essences therapeutically, your body and being receives the wisdom and intelligence from a combination of flowers and plants that help you to heal deep seated beliefs, unhealthy patterns and emotional wounds that were often imprinted in childhood, in utero or even a past life! Often these patterns or younger, wounded parts of oneself are still “in charge” or limiting what you are capable of well into adulthood. The aim of flower essence alchemy is to support you in releasing these old limiting beliefs and unhealthy emotional patterns so that you can make more empowered choices in all areas of your life. The deeper intention of flower essence alchemy is total emotional freedom and to assist you embodying the highest version of yourself, living life fully in the present moment.
Generally, a flower essence practitioner will make you customized essences based on certain themes that you are working to heal. Although many flower essences provide immediate results, for healing childhood imprints, it is recommended to work with a flower essence therapist for at least 3 months, with 1 – 2 sessions per month as these deeper imprints often heal and clear in layers, much like peeling the layers off of an onion. It is encouraging to note that combining flower essences with therapy often works much faster and more sustainably than traditional forms of talk therapy, coaching or counseling on its own.
Here is a list of some of things that Flower Essence Alchemy can support you with:
· Establishing healthier boundaries
· Getting to the root of “mood disorders” such as depression
· Developing psychic & spiritual gifts
· Bringing more ease and clarity to life transitions and changes
· Trusting your intuition & connecting with spiritual guides
· Clearing familial, ancestral and karmic patterns
· Improving menstrual cycles & hormonal health
· Healing from pervasive physical conditions such as autoimmunity, chronic pain and fatigue
· Increasing financial abundance
· Healing from trauma, PTSD and abuse
· Moving through creative blocks & enhancing creative expression
· Making clearer and more empowered decisions
· Decreasing anxiety and daily overwhelm
· Improving the quality of relationships
· Grounding and protecting your energy
· Ending self-destructive habits and addictions
· Letting go of limiting beliefs
· And so much more…
More research is being done on how flower essences help us reconfigure our DNA and activate our divine genome, making flower essences invaluable tools for clearing ancestral karma, awakening and ascension!
Stay tuned for part 2 of this series, focused on how the divine feminine art of flower essence therapy helps women to heal their wombs and second chakra.
If you are interested in working more intentionally and therapeutically with flower essence alchemy, I would love to work with you. If you desire healing with this potent yet gentle form of botanical medicine, then my Customized Flower Essence Elixirs, Flower Essence Alchemy Sessions and Divine Feminine Alchemy Mentorships are three beautiful ways to experience the healing power of the flowers, each service in that list goes a bit deeper than the one before it.
1) Customized Flower Essence Elixirs. If you are new to flower essences or new to working with Jana Carrey Healing, ordering a customized flower essence elixir is an easy way to get a taste of the medicine and the magick of working with the bio-energetic healing power of the flowers. When you order a customized flower essence elixir, you can start to receive the transformative effects of flower essence alchemy, with minimal commitment and investment. Click HERE for more info and to ORDER a Customized Flower Essence Elixir .
2) Flower Essence Alchemy Sessions. Flower Essence Alchemy sessions are a unique blend of flower essence therapy, intuitively channeled (psychic) guidance, depth psychology and quantum energy healing. These private channeled healing sessions take place over phone or Zoom, in the Virtual Elven Starseed™ Temple. After our flower essence alchemy session, you will receive your own customized flower essence elixir and directions for use throughout the next month. Click HERE for more info and to BOOK a Flower Essence Alchemy Session .
3) The Divine Feminine Essence Alchemy Mentorship. The Divine Feminine Alchemy Mentorship program is a private (as in NOT a group program, you will get my full, powerful 1-on-1 loving attention during this mentorship - what a gift in today's fast-paced multitasking society) 4-month mentorship that helps women to remember more of their soul's essence and to embody it while in human form. The Elven Starseed™ Council, my Higher Self and I create a powerfully-loving container for transformation for our mentees. There are two ways to take this mentorship journey, the Angel Way and the Archangel Way, which you can read more about HERE. I have witnessed time and again that this mentorship program is both deeply supportive and LIFE CHANGING for the women who for the women who feel called to say YES! to this invitation. If you are interested in applying for this mentorship, then CLICK HERE to BOOK a DISCOVERY SESSION.
E-mail email@example.com with any questions about working therapeutically with flower essences, with booking a session and ordering an essence.
All is well. All is Love. You are Love. You are Loved. And so it is.