As the Oracle for the Elven Starseed Council, Jana Carrey channels, speaks and writes on behalf of an unconditionally loving team of Ascended Masters, Archangels and Elven Starseed Guides, who ask to be affectionately referred to as “the El.” They are an Ancient Starseeded lineage of Angelic Guardians that are here as Wisdom Keepers of Earth Magick.
Jana is a lightworker, a divine feminine revolutionary and a master intuitive healer. Her work is a unique blend of intuitively channeled guidance, quantum energy healing, flower essence therapy, plant spirit medicine, depth psychology and spiritual coaching.
She is a highly sensitive empath whose psychic gifts include clairsentience, clairaudience, clairvoyance and claircognizance. Although she was born with many intuitive healing gifts, her own deeper spiritual awakening began when she was 19 and lost her younger brother and twin flame, Chris, to terminal bone cancer.
She firmly believes that everything in life is here to serve our highest evolution from our darkest shadows and deepest wounds to our most profound moments of glory, joy and bliss. Jana has a rare gift for bringing lightness, courage, compassion and a rebellious sense of humor into the darkest arenas of human suffering and in doing so, she helps others to alchemize their soul wounds into spiritual gold and creative gifts that in turn can serve others.
She specializes in Feminine Empowerment in primarily three arenas:
1) Assisting women in navigating life changes and transitions with grace (e.g., career changes and advancement, launching a new business, leaving unhealthy partnerships, etc).
2) Serving energetically sensitive and heart-centered women in reclaiming their unique spiritual gifts and intuitive abilities in a grounded and practical way to serve the evolution of humanity.
3) Empowering women to re-connect with their innate creative power and channeling that power into authentic forms of creative expression.
Other areas of expertise include healing from trauma and abuse, personal individuation from family of origin (inner child-inner parent healing), as well as improving confidence and self-worth.
About Jana’s Playful + Prayerful Side:
Jana (aka Mama Hummingbird) has a deep love for adventure including road-trips and travel, she has a desire to make flower, plant and crystal gem essences from the local flora and fauna all across Planet Earth to add to the growing Elven Starseed Apothecary. She enjoys a clean and balanced lifestyle, to preserve the health and sustainability of her body and the planet. Her incredibly old soul has a deep love of the simple, quiet and peaceful moments in life.
She was born on the Summer Solstice, the Cusp of Magick and the longest, brightest day of the year. She is a Gemini Sun, Aquarius Moon, Cancer in Venus, Scorpio Rising, North Node in Leo, South Node in Aquarius.
Some of the things she has loved since early childhood include dancing, creating art, dressing up in the colors of the rainbow, collecting candles and crystals to make sacred altars with them, exploring secret gardens and singing to the plants, listening to animals and the land, interpreting dreams and learning about astrology, deep soul chats and laughing with friends.
About Jana’s Professional Training + Credentials:
Jana’s trainings cover a wide variety of complementary and integral healing modalities: flower essence therapy, counseling and depth psychology, expressive arts therapy and somatic healing, multiple modalities of energy work (both hands-on and distance), creativity coaching and community-based arts education focused on social justice. Through each of these trainings, she’s developed her own intuitive and tested system for working holistically with women of all walks of life.
She has personally mentored with many spiritual teachers, shamans, leaders and healers of the highest integrity. She has been recognized by other renowned intuitives, healers, counselors and spiritual teachers as an arcane wisdom keeper, a new paradigm spiritual teacher and masterful intuitive healer.
In addition to her aforementioned trainings, her multidisciplinary background includes professional photography, design studio management, visual anthropology & ethnographic research, writing and copyediting. Her photography and artwork has been exhibited around the world including the California Institute of Integral Studies and Photomonth: East London Photography Festival.
- M.A. in Visual Anthropology, Honors, Visual Culture and Media Pathway, University of Manchester
- B.A. in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude & Distinction in Psychology, Minor in Anthropology and Photography, University of Pennsylvania
Qualifications & Certifications
- Woman Rising Flower Essence Practitioner Certification
- Reiki I and Reiki II Certification, following the Usui System of Natural Healing
- Access Bars Certification, Access Consciousness
- Counseling and Expressive Art Therapy Training, California Institute of Integral Studies
- National Art Educator Professional Development Award & Training, London, UK
- Custom Mentorship with Lizzie Rae Rose of Awake Woman
- Training in Clinical + Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Marion Woodman Scholarship Award to the Coming Home to the Body: The Legacy of Marion Woodman Conference, Depth + Somatic Psychology Training
Woman Rising Flower Essence Collective
Photographic, Film & Art Exhibitions
- 2015 Selected photographs featured in the documentary, “Oak and Scott: Pausing at High Speed” screened at the SF Green Film Festival and the San Francisco Documentary Film Festival, San Francisco, CA
- 2014 Selected works, Creatives Rising, See.Me Gallery Space, New York, NY
- 2013 Selected works, The Story of the Creative, Angel Orensanz Foundation, New York, NY
- 2012 “Transcendence,” Art as Healing Object, CIIS Student Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Environments,” Live Artist Live-in, Underground SF, San Francisco, CA
- 2011 Selected works, Art Show for the 99%, Warehouse 416, Oakland, CA
- Selected works, Fall Open Studios, Art Explosion, San Francisco, CA
- “Senseless Acts of Beauty,” 50-50 Show III, Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica, CA
- Childhood II,” Art Sale for Japan, 18 Reasons, San Francisco, CA
- “Childhood II” Featured Artist at Wok+Wine, Millennium Tower, San Francisco, CA
- 2010 “Childhood II,” Small Art Show, Warehouse 416, Oakland, CA
- “50-50 Series: Childhood II,” 50-50 Show II, Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica, CA
- “Childhood,” Roll Call, SF Camerawork Gallery, San Francisco, CA, (catalogue)
- 2007 “Envisioning Normality,” Global Eyes, Photomonth 07: East London Photography Festival, London, UK
- “The Boy & the Phoenix,” Art Liberating Lives, Hatworks Museum, Stockport, UK
- “Envisioning Normality,” Global Eyes: GCVA Graduate Exhibition, Victoria Baths, Manchester, UK
Academic Publications & Artistic Press
- Chang, DeWitt. “Third Annual 50x50 Show, Sanchez Center, Pacifica.” DeWittChang.com. 29 August 2011. Web.
- “Envisioning Normality.” Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology. Showcase Archive. 2007. Web.
- Green, Melanie, Kass, Sheryl, Carrey, Jana, Herzig, Ben, Feeney, Ryan and Sabini, John. 2008. "Transportation Across Media: Repeated Exposure to Print and Film.” Media Psychology, 11:4, 512-53
- “Going Soft.” Pictory Magazine. 16 June 2010. Web.
- "London Dreams." Pictory Magazine. 7 April 2010. Web.
- Walker, Sharron Lee. “Documentary on the 2011 50-50 Show III,” Pacifica Currents Show (#224), PCT/Channel 26, 2011.